- This event has passed.
Unix Command Line
February 14 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Knowing how to use the command line of your computer can save you a lot of time. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to navigate the Unix terminal.
For this workshop, you’ll need a Mac or Linux laptop (you can use Windows if you can’t access a Linux machine).
Topics to be covered include:
- File manipulation (ls, pwd, mv, mkdir, cat, sort, uniq)
- File system (which, df, du)
- Slicing text files (cut, head, tail, split, column)
- Compression/decompression (tar, gzip, zcat, zless)
- Other helpful commands (date, echo, alias)
- System variables ($HOME, $PWD, $USER)
This is an introductory workshop. No prior experience is required. There are no prerequisites.