- This event has passed.
RNA-Seq Analysis with R Bioconductor (2-part Series)
September 22 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
This workshop is intended for individuals who are already comfortable with R programming and who are interested in learning to use R for standard RNA-Seq analyses. We will take you through a complete RNA-Seq workflow using R Bioconductor packages.
- Estimate gene expression levels based on raw RNA-Seq read data
- Filter and normalize gene expression data
- Perform unsupervised clustering of expression data
- Perform differential expression analysis
- Perform gene set enrichment analyses (GSEA)
- Create common visualizations of results (heatmaps, etc.)
You must have some R programming experience and a basic understanding of the purpose of RNA-Seq analysis to benefit from this course. Feel free to contact the instructor (see below) if you have questions about these requirements.
Please have the latest versions of R and R Bioconductor installed on your laptop prior to the workshop. RStudio (the free version) is highly recommended as well, since we will be teaching in this environment.
Workshop materials are available online here.
Please note that this is a 2 part series. Part 2 takes place on September 23 @ 11am-1pm.
School of Medicine’s Zoom Guide for Participants.