- This event has passed.
Introduction to R Data Analysis
March 1, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The scripting language R is considered one of the most powerful languages for quantitative analysis, statistics, and graphics. This workshop will help you get started using R to analyze your datasets and create graphs for visualization. You’ll do hands-on exercises to demystify data analysis using R.
This workshop is designed for those who have no background whatsoever in programming/R.
- RStudio interface
- Addition, subtraction, basic math operations
- Assigning values to variables
- Commenting in a script
- Logical operators
- Intro to functions and libraries
- Reading data
- Troubleshooting error messages
- Exploring data (basic summaries such as mean, median, etc.)
- Selecting subsets of data
- Plotting data
- Data structures available in R
Please note: This workshop takes place over two days, March 1-2 @ 2-4pm.
More workshop information and registration can be found here.
No background in statistics or computing is necessary. Have your laptop ready with RStudio and R installed.
Novice Level: No prior experience with programming or R/RStudio is required for this course. No prerequisites. Absolute beginners are especially welcome!