- This event has passed.
Introduction to Cytoscape and Network Biology for Computer Scientists
February 21, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The course will introduce the basic concepts of biological network analysis and provide practical instruction on commonly used tools and databases with a focus on Cytoscape to analyze and visualize biological networks. The course will comprise theoretical and practical sessions where course participants will learn how to perform computational analyses of biological networks and how to build tools within the Cytoscape Ecosystem.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the major applications of network biology
- Understand Cytoscape Ecosystem infrastructure
- Programmatically control and access Cytoscape services
- Integrate Cytoscape into your bioinformatics pipelines
- Know where to find relevant Cytoscape apps and tutorials
Prerequisites: A solid Computer Science and Programming background; Target audience is CS students. Bring your own laptop.