- This event has passed.
Introduction to Cytoscape and Network Biology for Biologists
February 12, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The course will introduce the basic concepts of biological network analysis and provide practical instruction on commonly used tools and databases with a focus on Cytoscape to analyze and visualize biological networks. The course will comprise theoretical and practical sessions where course participants will learn how to perform different biological network analyses and how to visualize and interpret the results of such analyses.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the major applications of network biology,
- Find relevant sources for networks and pathways,
- Import your data into Cytoscape,
- Perform network layouts and data visualization,
- Know where to find relevant Cytoscape apps and tutorials.
No prior experience required; Target audience is Biologists and Bioinformaticians.
*Bring your own laptop. Instructions on installing Cytoscape will be provided prior to the course.
Eventbrite link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/introduction-to-cytoscape-and-network-biology-for-biologists-tickets-89115718513