- This event has passed.
Introduction to Cytoscape and Network Biology for Biologists
August 23, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join this course for an introduction to the basic concepts of biological network analysis and practical instruction on commonly used tools and databases, with a focus on Cytoscape to analyze and visualize biological networks. The course will comprise theoretical and practical sessions in which you will learn how to perform different biological network analyses and how to visualize and interpret the results of such analyses.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the major applications of network biology
- Find relevant sources for networks and pathways
- Import your data into Cytoscape
- Perform network layouts and data visualization
- Know where to find relevant Cytoscape apps and tutorials
Bring your laptop. Instructions on installing Cytoscape will be provided prior to the course.
Novice Level: This is an introductory workshop in the Network Analysis and Visualization series. No prior experience required. No prerequisites.