- This event has passed.
Advanced Cytoscape Automation
May 10 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
In this course, you’ll learn how to integrate Cytoscape into programmatic workflows and pipelines using R or Python.
Following a brief review of the goals and capabilities of Cytoscape in network analysis, you’ll learn how to translate these capabilities into scriptable use cases for practical applications. Gain hands-on experience accessing and controlling Cytoscape from R/Python to perform a network analysis of tumor expression and variant data. The principles can be extended to other data types and research questions, as well as to other automation environments.
By the end of this course you’ll be able to:
- Command programmatic control over Cytoscape
- Perform network construction, data loading, analysis and visualization
- Integrate Cytoscape into your bioinformatics pipelines
- Compose your own complex network analysis workflows
- Pull together various tools and resources into a single script
Prerequisites: You should already be familiar with Cytoscape and the fundamentals of network analysis (see prior courses). You should have experience with R or Python and scripting bioinformatics analyses. Bring a laptop with the latest version of Cytoscape installed.
Advanced Level: This is an advanced workshop in the Network Analysis and Visualization series. You should already be familiar with both Cytoscape and R prior to attending this workshop.